The written content on a website is one of the most important ranking factors for SEO (search engine optimization). Search engines like Google process content to determine what a website is about, so they know how to respond to search queries. That’s why it’s important to include keywords in your text blocks. The text content on web pages and blog posts should be lengthy enough to optimize the content for search engines and visitors alike. Some experts recommend 300 words or more per page.
Web content is intended for two audiences
First, content is always written for human eyes as part of an integrated marketing strategy. The text on a website tells current and potential customers what you offer and the unique ways you provide your services. Blogs solidify your reputation as a knowledgeable and trusted go-to resource in your industry.
Secondly, content needs to be considered for the robots crawling and indexing the web who don’t view pages the same way as humans. These automated search robots speak a different language: computer code. They read a website’s code and add the information to their database. When someone searching the internet posts a query, these robots sort through the information and respond with a relevant result. It is important to note that spammy or keyword-stuffed content could actually harm a website. Content needs to be properly balanced.
Blogging content adds depth to website
By blogging, you exponentially increase the presence of industry-specific keywords on your website while adding depth to your brand image and connecting with your audience on a myriad of topics. An ongoing campaign of blog articles will capture your audience’s attention, provide valuable information, and position you and your company as a leader in its field.
Adding photographs and graphic images adds visual impact to a blog and piques the reader’s interest. Tags, titles, and descriptions written in computer language improve the search and ranking factors for a blog. Alt text (alternative text) is a word or phrase that can be inserted as an attribute to help crawling robots report back what the image displays.
Professional blog writing services
Packerland Website’s Shine customers have the benefit of a professional writer at their service for monthly blog articles. Each blog is written by a native English speaker with over 10 years of writing experience. Our writers are experienced newspaper editors fully familiar with the AP Stylebook.
Here’s a breakdown of the monthly blogging package available through Packerland Websites:
- Story idea
- Links to or sources of background information
- A direction for the article to take
- Keywords to emphasize
- A first-hand account/story/direct quotes/person to interview
- Call to Action
Packerland Website’s team will provide:
- Article of approximately 300 words
- Well-written and Informative
- Includes a Call to Action
Packerland Websites will also:
- Choose an image and secure rights for its use.
- Send the article to the client for review. The first set of revisions is included in the base price.
- Post the article and photo to the client’s website, if applicable.
- Include internal links to a company’s Home page. Include external links were appropriate.
- Write attention-getting headlines and subheads.
- Write Alt text for images, page titles, and page descriptions for SEO.
- Coordinate with the client for posting on social media platforms.