The strategy of “build it and they will come” doesn’t work in Google’s world anymore. So, how can you inspire Google to recommend your business to your ideal customer? Essentially, you need Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to influence Google. SEO helps businesses break through a crowded, competitive ranking system. Read our related article to learn more: How Long Until My Website Ranks?
Strategies to Improve Google Ranking
SEO is powered by several elements, both on and off a website. There’s no silver bullet, only a bunch of small factors that increase the visibility of a business in Google searches. Read our related article to learn more: SEO Strategies That Work. To improve your business’ search ranking, incorporate these on-site and off-site strategies:
On-Site SEO Elements
- Write unique text – We recommend 250 words per page. For professionally written content, contact the Wonder Writer
- Include keywords – Use words a potential client would type when searching for your product
- Optimize website elements – Developers add tags, page titles, page descriptions
- Create blog articles – Blogs add keywords and increase the opportunity to appear in search results
- Lock in your location – Repeatedly provide your address/municipality
Off-Site SEO Elements:
(Read our related article about off-site SEO)
- Claim your Google My Business profile
- Optimize your Google My Business profile with accurate information, photos, reviews
- Submit your business’ name, address, and phone number to online directories like Yelp, Bing, MapQuest (Save time and labor! Ask about our SEO package)
- Generate incoming links to your website from outside sources like videos you post on YouTube, which is owned by Google.
The Marketing Power of SEO
You wouldn’t throw a party without inviting guests. Likewise, you shouldn’t build a website and simply expect customers to come. If only it were that simple! Instead, your business needs a multi-faceted SEO strategy to establish its online presence and increase its visibility in Google rankings. When done correctly, on-site and off-site SEO turns websites into powerful marketing tools. Packerland Websites not only builds user-friendly, effective websites, we also craft SEO strategies to help businesses grow. To learn more, contact Bill Koehne, owner of Packerland Websites, at 920-826-5901, ext. 1.